Getting the IRQ number (Was: Basic driver devel questions ?)

Guillaume Dargaud dargaud at lpsc.in2p3.fr
Sat Dec 4 01:58:35 EST 2010

> No. of_platform_drivers are more/less obsolete. Normal platform drivers
> can now be associated with a device-tree node just fine.

OK.

If my dts definition is thus:
		xps_acqui_data_0: xps-acqui-data at c9800000 {
			compatible = "xlnx,xps-acqui-data-3.00.a";
			interrupt-parent = <&xps_intc_0>;
			interrupts = < 0 2 >;
			reg = < 0xc9800000 0x10000 >;
			xlnx,family = "virtex4";
			xlnx,include-dphase-timer = <0x1>;
			xlnx,mplb-awidth = <0x20>;
			xlnx,mplb-clk-period-ps = <0x2710>;
			xlnx,mplb-dwidth = <0x40>;
			xlnx,mplb-native-dwidth = <0x40>;
			xlnx,mplb-p2p = <0x0>;
			xlnx,mplb-smallest-slave = <0x20>;
		} ;

What are the names I need to pass to platform_driver_register and
platform_device_register_simple ? xps_acqui_data_0, xps-acqui-data or xps-
acqui-data-3.00.a ? None seem to call any init functions...

Why is there not a word about the functions platform_*_register in my various
driver books ? LDD 3rd ed (O'Reilly), Writing LDD (Cooperstein) or LKD
(Love)... Is it something specific to powerpc and the books are oriented x86 ?
What's a good source, besides grepping the kernel to no end ?

--
Guillaume Dargaud
http://www.gdargaud.net/