Problem with MPC5121 custom board.

CTAG / Moisés Domínguez moises.dominguez at ctag.com
Thu Dec 2 19:48:03 EST 2010

Hi all,

We have a problem with custom design based on ads5121. May be you could
provide us any clue about what may be happening.

Sometimes, when the board is powered-on:

- U-boot does not start (at least serial port does not output anything, I
don't know if some piece of u-boot is executed).
- LPC_DIV and IPS_DIV are not configured so u-boot does not reach this point
either.
- The only way to get the board run once reached this point is power-off and
power-on again (That's: 3.3V, 1.8V. 1.4V).
- If we only turn-off 1.8V and 1.4V that's not enough to get the board
working.

When this happens we:

- Measured lpc_clock which is running at 33 MHZ so PLLs are working so reset
word is being read right.
- Measured all voltages (3.3V, 1.8V. 1.4V) and are OK.
- We read RCWL and RCWH with JTAG and have the value we expect.
- Could erase the flash with JTAG but we couldn't reprogram it.

We don't know what else to test in order to detect where the problem is. We
suppose that, as the only way to run again is reset the 3.3V, there must be
any peripheral that is not being working properly, but we don't know how to
find it and why this is happening.

Some clue is much appreciated.

Regards,

Moises.