time jumps forward/backwards

Ben Gamsa ben at somanetworks.com
Thu Sep 3 22:49:35 EST 2009

Benjamin Gamsa wrote:
> Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

>>> I don't know how to test it, but I don't think so, since there are
>>> multiple of these glitches over an extended period of time.
>>
>> I'm not familiar with all the FSL processor variants, but is this
>> an UP or an SMP platform ? In the later case, are all the core timebases
>> properly synchronized ?
>>

> This a UP with a single e500 core.

I take it from the lack of follow-ups that no one has any good ideas as
to what might be going wrong?

Since the problem seems to be confined to situations where the date is
around the epoch, I guess I'll just work-around the problem by setting
the date to a more recent date on startup.

Ben Gamsa       ben at somanetworks.com
SOMA Networks   312 Adelaide St. W. Suite 600 Toronto, Ontario, M5V1R2