GPIOs 49-63 on 460EX

Jeff Hane jeff.hane at maxim-ic.com
Tue Sep 1 08:01:20 EST 2009

Hello,

 We are having a problem trying to use gpio 49-63 on our amcc
canyonlands board.  I'm aware these pins are shared with the trace port,
so wrote 0x7ff to SDR0_PFC0 register to make sure they were all in gpio
mode.

 I set the gpio to output and then try to drive a 1 out but I can never
see it.  I doubled checked the pin with the value reported by the SW and
it never toggles.  If I set the value to 1, I can see a 1 in the gpio OR
register, but the IR stays 0(IR is what is read by get_value)

 I can change the direction and value the first 16 gpios in gpio
controller 1 but not the upper 16 bits.  So this means that gpio 48
doesn't work either; thus 16 of the gpio don't work(for out, I haven't
tried in)

 I am running 2.6.30.  Has anybody seen this?  Am I missing a register
somewhere?

thanks,
jeff