linux booting fails on ppc440x5 with SRAM

Vineeth _ blacklites at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 17:01:17 EST 2009

Hi,

In arch/powerpc/kernel/head_44x.S file, it says it clears all the TLBs
except the current working one. In our case we have mainly 3 TLBs for
FLASH, SRAM and the UART. We have the TLB of 16MB of SRAM *which is
our total memory*. So the TLBs that we create from our bootloader will
be used for the entire linux operation. I am attaching the TLB
initialization code with this mail, does it make any problem ?

  li  r3,1        # Slot1 SRAM
  LOADREG_32    r4,0x0
  LOADREG_32    r6, ( TLB_I_MASK | TLB_U_RWX | TLB_S_RWX |TLB_G_MASK  )
  LOADREG_32    r5,TLB_SIZE_16M
  mr  r7,r4
  bl  Save_TLB

Vineeth _