linux booting fails on ppc440x5 with SRAM

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Oct 9 22:33:38 EST 2009

Dear Vineeth _,

In message <a9b543570910090320t1444f8f1qf4c8ab7dbbef679f at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> We ported the uboot Memory test and tested the 15MB ram and it was
> successful.interestingly we have only 16MB SRAM in our board.We used 1

Such a memory test means nothing. The only thing you can learn from it
is that basic read and write accesses are working. You don;t get any
information about the behaviour for burst mode accesses from such a
test. See the FAQ at
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/LinuxCrashesRandomly  and at
http://www.denx.de/wiki/DULG/UBootCrashAfterRelocation

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I mean, I . . . think to understand you, I just don't know  what  you
are saying ...                        - Terry Pratchett, _Soul Music_