Fw: Help with SPI node

Ravi Shekhar Ravi.Shekhar at Lntemsys.com
Tue Nov 10 14:36:32 EST 2009

 I'm attempting to get SPI to work on my embedded design
 that is based on the mpc8313erbd reference board wiht a
 2.6.27 kernel.  I cannot open the SPI device.
 Tracing through the kernel code, it looks like the device is
 not being found in the DTB file.  However there is a
 SPI node in there already described.  Our boards is a
 SPI master, and the device we will attach is a SPI
 slave.  Could someone elaborate on what is needed in
 the DTS file to have our SPI driver work and respond to an
 open() call?

Thanks
  -Ravi