fastboot.

John Rigby jcrigby at gmail.com
Sat May 30 06:45:44 EST 2009

One more thing.  You can get another speed up if you can do burst reads from
NOR.  This requires using the fifo in the local bus controller.  On the
ADS5121 board you need a cpld change to increment the address lines.  With
the cpld as shipped you end up reading bursts that have the first 4 bytes
repeated because the address lines do not increment.  I don't know if this
is feature or bug with the 5121 but I do know you can work around it in the
cpld.

With burst access working you should be able to speed up the kernel copy and
also the jffs2 mount and filesystem access.

I also found that coping an uncompressed kernel was faster than
decompressing a compressed kernel.  But your mileage may vary if you have
the data cache on.  I found that working around all the problems with
turning data cache on were going to take more time than I had.

John