device trees.

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Tue May 12 10:04:16 EST 2009

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 5:19 PM, Stephen Neuendorffer
<stephen.neuendorffer at xilinx.com> wrote:

> would
> could
>> >>

>> > That sounds like a good solution to me.
>> >
>>     I am glad you like it. If Xilinx would like to offer any advice as
>> to how to prepend a device tree to the end of a bit file without
>>     foreclosing any of their future plans or .... I would be happy to
>> look at implementing it.
>
> There are options here...
>
> For the benefit of the mailing list: they are tied into how the FPGA
> configuration is loaded, and the
> particular FPGA family.  By far the most portable/generic option is to
> simply use an initialized BRAM for this.
>
> David: If you would like to have a discussion regarding particular
> design tradeoffs, I'd be happy to, but since I doubt there is anyone on
> this list who is interested in the vagaries of FPGA configuration
> methods, I suggest we have the discussion privately.

I disagree.  There are lots of lurkers on this list who care about
virtex stuff, not to mention non-lurkers like me.  :-)  I would at
least like to be a fly on the wall of any such discussion.

g.

--
Grant Likely, B.Sc., P.Eng.
Secret Lab Technologies Ltd.