device trees.

Stephen Neuendorffer stephen.neuendorffer at xilinx.com
Tue May 12 09:19:15 EST 2009

> >>    The best alternative to creating the device tree dynamically
would
> >> be to
> >>    append the devicetree to the bitimage in a way the boot loader
could
> >> always find it.
> >>

> > That sounds like a good solution to me.
> >
>     I am glad you like it. If Xilinx would like to offer any advice as
> to how to prepend a device tree to the end of a bit file without
>     foreclosing any of their future plans or .... I would be happy to
> look at implementing it.

There are options here...

For the benefit of the mailing list: they are tied into how the FPGA
configuration is loaded, and the
particular FPGA family.  By far the most portable/generic option is to
simply use an initialized BRAM for this.

David: If you would like to have a discussion regarding particular
design tradeoffs, I'd be happy to, but since I doubt there is anyone on
this list who is interested in the vagaries of FPGA configuration
methods, I suggest we have the discussion privately.

Steve