unexpected non-allocatable section

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon May 4 05:33:16 EST 2009

Dear Sean MacLennan,

In message <20090503123959.0cc5c967 at lappy.seanm.ca> you wrote:

> > What gcc, binutils versions and config are you using?
>
> gcc version 4.0.0 (DENX ELDK 4.1 4.0.0)
> GNU assembler version 2.16.1 (powerpc-linux) using BFD version 2.16.1
>
> And this is all running on the Warp with a 440EP.

Which exact commands did you use to build the kenrel, and how did you
set (and export?) the CROSS_COMPILE environment variable?

The thing is, that I cannot reproduce this - I tested it with
v2.6.30-rc4, both with ELDK 4.1 (as you) and ELDK 4.2.

Both build the kernel image without any such warnings.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
 The software required `Windows 95 or better', so I installed Linux.