Problem with radeonfb on PowerPC 7448&MV64560

Anatolij Gustschin agust at denx.de
Sat Mar 21 11:00:31 EST 2009

Eduard Fuchs wrote:

<snip>
>>> Can I initialize the video card in uboot too?
>> Yes, indeed you can.  In a recent version of U-Boot, search for
>> 'CONFIG_BIOSEMU' in include/configs/*.  We tested this on a sequoia
>> board, so include/configs/sequoia.h should be a good start for this.
>
> Thanks.
>
> I tried to include BIOSEMU and RADEON_FB in my u-boot. Bios emulator seems to
> be properly loaded, but when u-boot attempt to read or write Radeon's
> registers, the board freezes.

>From the U-Boot output below it seems that the Radeon register access
works already. At least one register read access succeeded before
"videoboot: Booting PCI video card bus 0, function 0, device 7" output.

> What means exactly the value of "VIDEO_IO_OFFSET" in the config file?

It is the base address of an address range accesses to which are
translated to an I/O access on PCI by the PCI bridge.

> There is a u-boot's output when I init the VIDEO_IO_OFFSET with PCI's I/O base
> address:
>

> INFO : PCI0_IO : base - 0xd8000000 size - 1M bytes
> INFO : PCI0_MEM0: base - 0x80000000 size - 1024M bytes
> INFO : PCI0_MEM1: base - 0xc0000000 size - 128M bytes
> INFO : PCI0_MEM2: base - 0xc8000000 size - 128M bytes
> INFO : PCI0_MEM3: base - 0xd0000000 size - 128M bytes
> PCI Scan: Found Bus 0, Device 7, Function 0
> PCI Scan: Found Bus 0, Device 7, Function 1
> PCI Scan: Found Bus 0, Device 9, Function 0
> PCI Scan: Found Bus 0, Device 10, Function 0
> Video: ATI Radeon video card (1002, 5960) found @(0:7:0)
> videoboot: Booting PCI video card bus 0, function 0, device 7
> E 0000 0 F00P0F000NI00PMS0EG 0F00

Is the address translation for PCI I/O configured by some BAT?

Best regards,
Anatolij