Xilinx cygwin linux cross recommendations ?

David H. Lynch Jr. dhlii at dlasys.net
Fri Mar 20 11:58:49 EST 2009

    I have no experience with ELDK.
    Have you used it ? Do you like it ?

    When I started I mostly did a roll my own environment using crosstool.
    I would have stuck to that except I can not get uclibc and it has
not been updated in a long time.
    Crosstool-ng did not support the ppc last time I looked.
    Today I use buildroot - mostly just to build a toolchain - I have
never been able to get it to do many of the other things it is capable of.

    I am not particularly fond (serious understatement)  of "integrated
solve all the problems of the world" environments, they rarely work, and
you must think inside their box.

    I would be ecstatic with just a cygwin-linux-ppc-uclibc tool chain.

--
Dave Lynch 					  	    DLA Systems
Software Development:  				         Embedded Linux

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
Albert Einstein