[MPC8272ADS]Can not configure the ttyCPM0

Laurent Pinchart laurentp at cse-semaphore.com
Sat Mar 14 01:00:47 EST 2009

Hi Jean-Michel,

On Friday 13 March 2009 14:38:55 Jean-Michel Hautbois wrote:
> Hi all !
>
> I am currently facing a big problem on my MPC8272ADS development board.
> I have tried to use the /dev/ttyCPM1 port in order to send data over
> the serial cable to another device.
>
> This is just not working but nothing is sent, my DTR signal is down:
> > cat /proc/tty/driver/ttyCPM
>
> 0: uart:CPM UART mmio:0xF0011A00 irq:40 tx:296 rx:0 RTS|CTS|DTR|DSR|CD
> 1: uart:CPM UART mmio:0xF0011A60 irq:43 tx:0 rx:0 CTS|DSR|CD
>
> So, I have tried to use the serial port /dev/ttyCPM0. It is
> successfully sending out my bytes, but I can't configure it !!
> When I am trying to use the tcsetattr() function, I don't have any
> error, but the signal is always the same (no effect, if you prefer).
>
> I have tried to disable the kernel console output, but it is not
> working, either...

Support for the modem control lines has been added in v2.6.27-rc2. You will
need to declare the modem control lines in your device tree. See
Documentation/powerpc/dts-bindings/fsl/cpm_qe/serial.txt for more information.

Please note that hardware flow control is not supported by the CPM UART driver
yet.

Best regards,

--
Laurent Pinchart