[MPC8272ADS]Can not configure the ttyCPM0

Jean-Michel Hautbois jhautbois at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 00:38:55 EST 2009

Hi all !

I am currently facing a big problem on my MPC8272ADS development board.
I have tried to use the /dev/ttyCPM1 port in order to send data over
the serial cable to another device.

This is just not working but nothing is sent, my DTR signal is down:

> cat /proc/tty/driver/ttyCPM
0: uart:CPM UART mmio:0xF0011A00 irq:40 tx:296 rx:0 RTS|CTS|DTR|DSR|CD
1: uart:CPM UART mmio:0xF0011A60 irq:43 tx:0 rx:0 CTS|DSR|CD

So, I have tried to use the serial port /dev/ttyCPM0. It is
successfully sending out my bytes, but I can't configure it !!
When I am trying to use the tcsetattr() function, I don't have any
error, but the signal is always the same (no effect, if you prefer).

I have tried to disable the kernel console output, but it is not
working, either...

Can anyone help me ?
Thanks in advance !
Best Regards,