SD card over (xilinx_)SPI, timeout error while CID

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jun 12 07:07:51 EST 2009

Dear Ricardo Ribalda Delgado,

In message <aa76a2be0906111349s2ff947eo35149ef14e29d05a at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> > What frequency does Your SPI-Bus use?
>
> 33Mhz.... arghh. just checked is over the standard...  Tomorrow I will
> test with a slower clk

Just some really stupid questions:

This is with a 4xx core, right? Is this the same SPI controller design
like in AMCC's 40x and 44x cores, i. e. with a "FIFO" of depth 1?

Assuming you're running your SPI clock at 1 MHz,  you  get  one  data
byte  and  thus  one interrupt at a rate of 125 kHz. I doubt your CPU
can handle such a load?

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A witty saying proves nothing, but saying  something  pointless  gets
people's attention.