booting MPC8313 based board with yaffs2 RFS

tonyliu Bo.Liu at windriver.com
Fri Jul 17 12:07:27 EST 2009

Rupesh Kumar wrote:
> Hi
> I am using MPC8313 board which is currently booting with JFFS2 root file
> system.
> I am using linux kernel version 2.6.23 from FreeScale's LTIB for MPC8313.
>
> As, I want it to boot with YAFFS2 root file system, I did compile kernel
> with yaffs2 support, craeted yaffs2 rootfile system and passed yaffs2
> partiton of nand in bootargs. However it didnot work.
>

> If any one has done it successfully, can please share the steps to be
> followed ?

More detailed info maybe helpful for debugging this issue.

1. What nand flash is on-board? what's the size of the nand flash page
size, 512/2048?
2. what's the version of mkyaffs2image you are using?
3. Can you mount an empty nand flash partition using yaffs2 type,
mount  /dev/mtdblock##x   xxx
4. It's better to attatch bootup message.

Tony