ethernet driver - problem capturing own packet in promiscous mode

sudheer a a.sudheer443 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 18:36:42 EST 2009

Hi all

In ethernet driver  i need to enable promiscous mode and have to capture the
packet that is sent by the same ethernet.

The board is connected to a packet generator and could send/receive packets
 whenever i need .

In the board ethernet driver , I made sure that am sending only broadcast
packets and promisc mode is enabled but the packets are not captured. If i
am sending a packet to the board from packetgenerator it is receiving.

Could any one please suggest me any clues.

Having the promisc enabled:
Packet sent by packetgenerator is received by board.
Packet sent by board is received by packetgenerator, The same packet should
be captured by board as promiscuous is enabled. but not happening.

Thanks
Sudheer