using dma engine on MPC8555 processor

wael showair showair2003 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 28 21:52:06 EST 2009

now I can understand that the file of the fsldma.c is the driver of the DMA
engine that contains also a test the DMA.
I noticed that it contains 2 module init functions:
subsys_initcall(of_fsl_dma_chan_init);
subsys_initcall(of_fsl_dma_init);

Also it contains two probe functions:
static int __devinit of_fsl_dma_chan_probe(struct of_device *dev,const
struct of_device_id *match)
static int __devinit of_fsl_dma_probe(struct of_device *dev,const struct
of_device_id *match)

How can i make these 2 probe functions work,
i also noticed that fsldma.c cant be built as a module
either it is built-in or not built.

is there something i should write in the command line to let fsldma works &
tests the DMA engine i have on my board.

also i want to know the module "dmatest",what does it test exactly? can it
test the DMA engine or not?
thanks for your help