using dma engine on MPC8555 processor

wael showair showair2003 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 27 23:01:56 EST 2009

Hi All,
i have an evaluation board with MPC8555 processor.
linux kernel 2.6.27
i have read the Documentation of my board, i found that it contains DMA
engine.
i know that there fsldma.c & fsldma.h
all my target is that i want to test the DMA on my board.
i want to transfer data from source to destination & i imagine that the DMA
will raise an interrupt after it finishes the transfer.

so i believe there must be some APIs related to the DMA engine which do the
following:
1. initialize the DMA by determining the src & dest addresses. Also
determines which channel to use.
2. register an interrupt handler for the DMA interrupt line.
3. fire the DMA.

where can i find these APIs, or i m missing something?
thanks in advance for ur help