Ebony DTS compile error

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Jan 24 12:47:01 EST 2009

Dear Rob Gubler,

in message <e4ef24880901231707y7baad5f6kc1f6bde2c30bf29f at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I'm an ELDK 4.2 user.  I'm trying to compile the ebony.dts file included in
> the 2.6.24 kernel but the Device Tree Compiler, dtc, complains of a syntax
> error.

Yes, there is a version conflict. The 2.6.24 kernel still uses an old
dts format, which is incompatible with recent dtc versiosn.

> Is anyone aware of a version of DTC that will compile the ebony.dts file
> included with the 2.6.24 kernel?  Or, an updated ebony.dts file that works
> with DTC 1.2.0-gb2b4990b.  Any other suggestions would be great.  Thanks!

Is there any specific reson for you to use the old 2.6.24 kernel?

If not, I'd recommend that you clone the git repository and use recent
code - this will build fine with current versions of the dtc.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
What is tolerance? -- it is the consequence of humanity. We  are  all
formed  of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's
folly -- that is the first law of nature.                  - Voltaire