Please pull from 'next' branch (2.6.29)

Kumar Gala galak at kernel.crashing.org
Wed Jan 14 08:17:36 EST 2009

On Jan 13, 2009, at 2:59 PM, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 09:21 -0600, Kumar Gala wrote:
>> Please pull from 'next' branch of
>>
>> (this is my last pull request of 'next' for 2.6.29.  I would like
>> to see
>> the 'powerpc: Unify opcode definitions and support' patch go in but
>> leave
>> that for you to pull in directly).
>
> This is really very very very late for these changes, most of them
> aren't bug fixes at all...

True.

>> Anton Vorontsov (4):
>>      powerpc/fsl_pci: Add MPC83xx PCI-E controller RC mode support
>>      powerpc/83xx: Add PCI-E support for all MPC83xx boards with
>> PCI-E

Would like to see this feature added into .29

>>      powerpc/83xx: Make serial ports work on MPC8315E-RDB w/ FSL U-
>> Boots

A sort of bug fix.

>>      powerpc/83xx: Move mcu_mpc8349emitx driver out of drivers/i2c/
>> chips/

At Jean's request to move i2c clients out of drivers/i2c.

>> Kumar Gala (2):
>>      powerpc/fsl-booke: Cleanup init/exception setup to be runtime
>>      powerpc/e500mc: Doorbells need to be taken w/exceptions disabled

can wait for .30

>> Trent Piepho (3):
>>      powerpc/fsl-booke: Remove code duplication in lowmem mapping
>>      powerpc/fsl-booke: Allow larger CAM sizes than 256 MB
>>      powerpc/fsl-booke: Make CAM entries used for lowmem configurable

Posted we'll before.. finally got around to reviewing them.. but can
wait for .30

So the real question I have is when does your next branch start
queuing up changes for .30?

I can completely live w/these not going into .29 if they can go into
your next branch for .30

- k