Linux on Memec Virtex4 FX12 Minimodule

John Linn John.Linn at xilinx.com
Sat Jan 10 02:52:33 EST 2009

Hi Pawel,

Sorry for the delay, I just missed this message.

You should really be building arch/powerpc not arch/ppc as no one is
going to support that.  I realize that's a pain, but arch/ppc has been
dead for about 6 months now.

http://xilinx.wikidot.com <http://xilinx.wikidot.com/>  has a lot more
information about building the kernel from our GIT tree.

You can also post to http://forums.xilinx.com
<http://forums.xilinx.com/>  in the Embedded Linux forum for more Xilinx
specific help.

I don't understand you're problem either, but I would try building 1st
with arch=powerpc and using the ramdisk image that we have on our wiki
to get a good baseline.  You'll need to generate a device tree for your
hardware platform but that's not too hard and is explained on the wiki
also.

Thanks,

John