MPC5121e, MBX driver, pvr.ko ...

Klaus Pedersen kau at bang-olufsen.dk
Fri Feb 6 20:03:55 EST 2009

Hi David

I'm also run on a custom board, and using the MBX.

You need to get the device tree file right. You will see the MBX reserved
the irq 66 in the boot printout.
Instead of using insmod use modprobe. The are 2 versions of rc.pvr.

Best Regard
Klaus Pedersen

I a early thread about memcpy for G2/G3 cores, you mentioned that you will
have a look at the init. of the dram controller and the prio-manager, did
that give you anything??

David Jander <david.jander at protonic.nl>
Sent by: linuxppc-dev-bounces+kau=bang-olufsen.dk at ozlabs.org
06-02-2009 08:53

"Linuxppc-dev" <Linuxppc-dev at ozlabs.org>
cc
John Rigby <jrigby at freescale.com>
Subject
MPC5121e, MBX driver, pvr.ko ...

Hi all,

I have a custom board with a MPC5121e (rev 1.5) on it. It is the latest
git
kernel from denx ads5121 head with our BSP mixed in.

I decided to try out Application Note AN3793 from Freescale (3D Graphics
on
the ADS512101 Board Using OpenGL ES).

I started trying to load the provided (binary!) kernel modules into our
kernel, but I am geeting errors inserting the modules using
insmod: 'clcdc.ko' complains about not being able to register de device
major
number, and 'dbgdrv.ko' oopses with a BUG() in percpu_modfree()! This
function should never be called in a non-SMP kernel, so I suspect there
are
some important differences between the kernel I have and the one the
binary-only drivers where built against :-(

In another approach I managed to load the provided kernel binary (which is

built for the ADS512101 evaluation board) on our platform, by tweaking our

device-tree until it booted without crashing. In the end I was able to
load
all the modules and run the OpenGL-ES demo programs.
I can't believe this is the intended way of doing this, so I'd like to
know if
there is someone else who has managed to get the MBX running OpenGL-ES on
custom board with a custom build of the kernel.

Note: the kernel version number is still the same: 2.6.24.6, only
difference
AFAIK is some minor unrelated patches to drivers for other MPC5121 SoC
devices, and probably some different configuration options. Apparently
this
is enough to break binary compatibility for the drivers :-(

Any hint is appreciated...

Best regards,

--
David Jander