Dynamic-ftrace not working in PlayStation3

Geert Uytterhoeven Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com
Mon Feb 2 19:24:36 EST 2009

On Sun, 1 Feb 2009, Remis wrote:
> Complementing what Arnd said, we got the dynamic ftrace to work. Just
> changed 4 things in the *menuconfig*.
> Before these were built as modules (this is the default I guess):
> CONFIG_USB=m
> CONFIG_SOUND=m
> CONFIG_SND=m
> CONFIG_SND_USB_AUDIO=m
>
> Then got them built into the kernel:
> CONFIG_USB=y
> CONFIG_SOUND=y
> CONFIG_SND=y
> CONFIG_SND_USB_AUDIO=y
>
> And everything worked just fine.
> In my config when I also tried to build the *CONFIG_SND_PS3* into the
> kernel, the kernel did not boot (probably another bug !? :-).

JFYI, I always use CONFIG_SND_PS3=y in my PS3 kernels, so it should work.
Probably it conflicts with something else I have not enabled...

With kind regards,

Geert Uytterhoeven
Software Architect

Sony Techsoft Centre Europe
The Corporate Village · Da Vincilaan 7-D1 · B-1935 Zaventem · Belgium

Phone:    +32 (0)2 700 8453
Fax:      +32 (0)2 700 8622
E-mail:   Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com
Internet: http://www.sony-europe.com/

A division of Sony Europe (Belgium) N.V.
VAT BE 0413.825.160 · RPR Brussels
Fortis · BIC GEBABEBB · IBAN BE41293037680010