Testing DMA on MPC8555 board

wael showair showair2003 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 2 03:05:23 EST 2009

Hi All,
i have an evaluation board with MPC8555 processor with kernel 2.6.27
the board contains DMA engine.

I want to test the DMA on my board by transferring data from a source to
destination.

I dont know can i do this using the module of dmatest? i have inserted it
but i did not get any sign that it works correct or not, so i m convinced
that fsldma will achieve my aim.
the problem is that the function of
fsl_dma_self_test   which is called in the function of
of_fsl_dma_chan_probe.
& i dont know how to trigger the probe function to work?