tracking of PCI address space

Kumar Gala galak at kernel.crashing.org
Thu Apr 9 06:53:55 EST 2009

I was wondering if we have anything that tracks regions associated
with the "inbound" side of a pci_bus.

What I mean is on embedded PPC we have window/mapping registers for
both inbound (accessing memory on the SoC) and outbound (access PCI
device MMIO, IO etc).  The combination of the inbound & outbound
convey what exists in the PCI address space vs CPU physical address
space (and how to map from one to the other).  Today in the PPC land
we only attach outbound windows to the pci_bus.  So technically the
inbound side information (like what subset of physical memory is
visible on the PCI bus) seems to be lost.

- k