any place to mark various compatible strings as deprecated?

David Gibson david at gibson.dropbear.id.au
Thu Apr 9 01:47:28 EST 2009

On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 09:48:45AM -0500, Olof Johansson wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 09:23:22AM -0500, Kumar Gala wrote:
> > Do we have anywhere to list out compatible strings that are deprecated
> > and warn if the kernel sees one?
>
> Wouldn't dtc be a better location for that? The kernel has to be backwards
> compatible anyway, I don't really see a reason to warn there.

It should certainly be in dtc.  Whether it should also be in the
kernel is debatable.  It's also really easy to add this to dtc.  Kumar
can you point me at the ones you're thinking of, and I'll add
appropriate checks to dtc (although probably not for a couple of weeks
when I return from vacation).

http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson