USB drivers

Ron Madrid ron_madrid at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 2 04:24:54 EST 2009

I have a custom board based on the MPC8313ERDB and have communications
capabilities over Ethernet using internet sockets.  Basically, just data
transfer from the host (my board) to a client (a PC).  I want to be able to
perform similar transactions across USB.

I have done some cursory reading but am a little unclear on how I should
approach this.  Am I going to have to write a host driver for my custom
board, and also write a gadget driver for any client machine?  Also, since I
am desiring to do simple data transfers only, which drivers could I use as a
point of reference for my application?

Thanks in advance for any tips and suggestions.

Ron