8349emitx Board : PCI issues

Olivier Butler obutler at oze.com.fr
Tue Sep 30 00:42:20 EST 2008

Hi,

I have some issues with the 8349emitx board.

I achieved to run the board with the supplied LTIB cd, witch builds
linux 2.6.13.
the board is working well.

I downloaded the lasted ltib ( from bitshrine.org ) and the lasted
kernel 2.6.26.
The last kernel seems supporting this board except with the sata chip.

Attached to this mail, you will find a txt file containing 3 linux
boot logs.
- the 2.6.26 boot log  witch hangs at sata disks inits
- the 2.6.13 boot log witch works

and
- the 2.6.26 boot log with option libata.dma=0. ( this is the only way
to have the board booting, I tried all other libata options without
success ).

the "host bus error" means that the issue is on the PCI bus.

Now I'm out of ideas.

This behaviour has been confirm by FS.

Does someone have any hint ?

Regards