Hooking an IRQ on a modified mpc8349emitx board

Oscar Takeshita oscar at silvustechnologies.com
Thu Sep 4 08:55:41 EST 2008

Hi,

I've been trying to hook an IRQ on a modified mpc8349emitx board without
success.

The IRQ is hooked physically to IRQ1/GPIO2[13] on the mpc8349e. No other
devices are
tied to this pin.

I'm using uboot 1.2.0 and kernel 2.6.22.19.

Do I need to have a dts entry for this interrupt in order to make
request_irq() succeed?

How can I find the IRQ number? I tried probe_irq_on/off unfortunately it
did not work.
Would it be MPC83xx_IRQ_EXT1 in arch/powerpc/include/asm/mpc83xx.h ?

I'm new doing kernel work. Any hints appreciated.

Oscar