GPIO - marking individual pins (not) available in device tree

Matt Sealey matt at genesi-usa.com
Sat Oct 25 09:14:26 EST 2008

David Gibson wrote:
> Don't be patronising.
>
> There is an existing address space defined by the gpio binding.
> Defining another one is pointless redundancy.  This is standard good
> ideas in computer science, no further argument necessary.

The existing address space, and the patches Anton etc. just submitted
which I started this discussion to address, don't fulfil certain needs.

You could do better than call it insane, by describing how you would
define a gpio bank that used 3 seperate pins which are NOT together
in a register, using a base address (reg) and base property (offset
of first pin) with the current system?

--
Matt Sealey <matt at genesi-usa.com>
Genesi, Manager, Developer Relations