ARCH=ppc -> ARCH=powerpc : help needed for dts file

Andy Fleming afleming at freescale.com
Wed May 7 08:54:02 EST 2008

> Now back to the first an bigger problem :
> currently, I have an "old" U-boot and I have written myself a dts
> file.
>
> Problem is : ethernet does not work, but that's not a mac-address
> problem,
> but something else that I do not understand yet.  The symptom is I get
>
> 	ip route add default via 192.168.85.33 dev eth0
> 	RTNETLINK answers: Network is unreachable
>
> I surmise this is because my eth0 does not become up, and I surmise
> again this is because there is no driver selected to drive the phy.
>
> In my arch/ppc setup this was automagically handled by fixed at 100:1
> IIRC
>
> Is there something I can put in my dts file to activate a driver for
> my phy ?
>
> Best regards

This slipped under my radar, and I'm only just now finding it again.
Have your issues been resolved?  If not, could you send a bit more of
the boot log?  There should be a little more if the PHY was not
found.  If you were operating with a fixed PHY setup before, then the
generic PHY driver (which will automatically bind to your PHY) should
suffice unless your MDIO bus is broken.

Andy