Interrupt handling documentation

Laurent Pinchart laurentp at cse-semaphore.com
Tue Mar 11 21:58:45 EST 2008

Hi everybody,

is there any documentation describing interrupt handling for the powerpc
architecture ? I'm writing a driver for a cascaded interrupt controller and
the only source of information I found was the code.

I'm particularly interested in information about irq hosts (allocation and
initialisation, especially the map and unmap callbacks) and irq chaining.
Different drivers seem to implement cascaded irqs differently (for instance
arch/powerpc/sysdev/uic.c uses setup_irq to register the cascaded irq
handler, while arch/powerpc/platforms/82xx/pq2ads-pci-pic.c uses
set_irq_chained_handler) so I'm a bit lost here.

Best regards,

--
Laurent Pinchart
CSE Semaphore Belgium