dtc: Make some functions local to parser

David Gibson david at gibson.dropbear.id.au
Wed Mar 5 11:38:01 EST 2008

On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 01:18:44PM -0600, Scott Wood wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 03:37:00PM +1100, David Gibson wrote:
> > * The Bison documentation explicitly permits yyerror() to be a
> >   variadic function, so fold yyerror() and yyerrorf() into a single
> >   printf-style function.
>
> Then the bison documentation is not consistent with the bison
> implementation when verbose error messages are enabled.  How can it possibly
> know whether to put % or %% in the string when an unexpected % is
> encountered?

Ah crap.  I'd forgotten the specific case you mentioned before.

> Reading bison internals makes my head hurt...
>
> >   The combined function is defined and used
> >   only in the parse, so make it static.
>
> Static-izing something that is used externally in a posted patch where
> you've provided no alternate to use is rather bad form...

IIRC, I already asked you *not* to use it externally, though.  And a
lot of these patches I've been posting lately are yak-shaving leading
up to a generally available error function.

Still, forget this patch for now.

http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson