dtc: Make some functions local to parser

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Wed Mar 5 06:18:44 EST 2008

On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 03:37:00PM +1100, David Gibson wrote:
> * The Bison documentation explicitly permits yyerror() to be a
>   variadic function, so fold yyerror() and yyerrorf() into a single
>   printf-style function.

Then the bison documentation is not consistent with the bison
implementation when verbose error messages are enabled.  How can it possibly
know whether to put % or %% in the string when an unexpected % is
encountered?

Reading bison internals makes my head hurt...

>   The combined function is defined and used
>   only in the parse, so make it static.

Static-izing something that is used externally in a posted patch where
you've provided no alternate to use is rather bad form...

-Scott