[Cbe-oss-dev] 2.6.26-rc6 kernel bug on PS3?

Stefan Wald WALD at de.ibm.com
Thu Jun 26 05:53:39 EST 2008

Geoff Levand <geoffrey.levand at am.sony.com> wrote on 06/25/2008 09:17:03 PM:

> On 06/25/2008 06:01 AM, Stefan Wald wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I think we have a kernel bug here... running a multimedia app with
about 20
> > spe contexts.
> > Application hangs after a while defunct and dmesg output looks like
d.txt.

> Is it repeatable?

yes, it is... the problem occurs intermittendly... sometimes after a few
minutes, sometimes after hours of runtime.

> Nothing in your dump looks ps3 specific.  Did you try with a Cell Blade?

i should have appended the full dump which i did now. it shows that we are
running on a ps3.
no, we haven't tried it on a cell blade.

> Could you try with an older kernel?

With 2.6.24 (your version from early february) the PS3 hangs completely...
you have to power cycle the ps3.
so, it looks like 2.6.26 is a little better... but you have to power off/on
as well to get rid of the zombie.

Stefan
(See attached file: d.txt)