starting with 2.6.26-rc1 cell_defconfig fails on QS22

Segher Boessenkool segher at kernel.crashing.org
Thu Jun 26 01:59:33 EST 2008

> D'oh. I spent so much time and the solution is so easy.
>
> Thanks everybody. I have updated to binutils-2.18.50.0.6-2.ppc and now
> it works again on QS22 and JS21.

So I checked your binary, and the only differences between working and
not-working are a) some section offsets in the file, and b) the load
address of the segment (0 vs. 0xc000...).

a) should be harmless, and b) likely is a binutils bug that got fixed.

What is the exact binutils version you used for the non-working?  Should
we test for it in our Makefile?  If we require 2.18, we can drop the
tests
for 2.12 and 2.14 ;-)

Segher