Stephen Neuendorffer stephen.neuendorffer at xilinx.com
Wed Jun 18 07:31:03 EST 2008

Mark,

I'm very interested in trying to factor out board data from the device
tree, but for slightly different reasons, I think.  (Although I don't
exactly understand what you're proposing...)

In FPGA-based designs, it would be nice to be able to describe a device
tree fragment for the board, which includes things like PCI interrupt
maps, ethernet phy information and i2c bus information and orthogonalize
it from the information in the FPGA (which should only be dependent on
the IP in the FPGA).  This should allow the generation of the FPGA
device tree to be independent of the board.

I don't yet have a proposal, but I'd be curious to hear your thoughts.

Steve

Brown