[git pull] Please pull powerpc.git merge branch

Adrian Bunk bunk at kernel.org
Mon Jun 16 22:43:24 EST 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 09:25:05PM +1000, Paul Mackerras wrote:
> Linus,
>
> As Ben pointed out, I had forgotten to re-do a couple of defconfigs
> where I had inadvertently turned off the SATA driver for the G5
> powermacs.  So when you do the pull as I requested earlier from
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/paulus/powerpc.git merge
>
> you'll also get one more commit as listed below.
>
> Thanks,
> Paul.
>
>  arch/powerpc/configs/g5_defconfig    |   62 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
>  arch/powerpc/configs/ppc64_defconfig |   66 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
>
> Paul Mackerras (1):
>       [POWERPC] Turn on ATA_SFF so we get SATA_SVW back in defconfigs

What about my patch [1] to eliminate this new trap in kconfig since we
do not have to bother kconfig users with ATA_SFF at all?

Besides some orthoginal discussion whether this stuff should actually be
called SFF I am not aware of any reactions to my patch from the ATA
people.

I already sent this patch twice and I can update it to the latest tree
if it's considered OK, but I'd like to get some ACK/NAK first.

cu
Adrian

[1] http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/4/21/501

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.