Merging seperate FDT-blobs?

Wolfram Sang w.sang at pengutronix.de
Thu Jun 12 19:04:33 EST 2008

Hello,

a project I am working on consists of different hardware modules, which
can be combined in a lot of variations (not at runtime, though). As each
module shall contain an I2C-eeprom, the idea is now to put a fragment of
a FDT-blob into that EEPROM and let the bootloader combine these
fragments. Such an approach was also sketched by David Gibson recently.
(http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-dev/2008-February/051630.html)

(As a sidenote, I am not quite sure and could not find anything about
what the mentioned 'fdt_graft' should actually do, in my case something
like a 'fdt_add_blob_subnode' function would be sufficent, I guess.)

My question: Is there already an effort towards such an approach to
which I could contribute, or do I have to start from scratch?

Kind regards,

   Wolfram

--
  Dipl.-Ing. Wolfram Sang | http://www.pengutronix.de