Comments on device tree for pcm030

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 05:08:33 EST 2008

Why not a compatible field in the top of the tree? Then you wouldn't
need to list the boards in mpc5200_simple.c.
	compatible = "phytec,pcm030","simple-mpc5200";

Device tree has an entry for AC97 on PSC1. I don't think the Phytec
module or carrier board has AC97 hardware.

The RTC chip says pcf8563, phytec doc says it is a pcf8564.

There should be an i2c entry for the eeprom but I don't know the part
number for it.

What about the flash on the local bus?  Could we use something like
this, or the same without the partition data?

	lpb at ff000000 {
		compatible = "fsl,lpb";
		ranges = <0 ff000000 01000000>;

		flash at 00000000 {