Invalidate_dcache_range causes crash in non-cacheable area

Franca, Jose (NSN - PT/Portugal - MiniMD) jose.franca at nsn.com
Wed Jun 4 04:01:21 EST 2008

Hello Community!

	I'm using 8MB of memory for DMA and that space is configured has
non-cacheable. At a certain point in the code, data is copied to be
processed from that area. In the function that copies, there was an
invalidate_dcache_range for the all DMA area. This function crashed my
load in some particular scenario of heavy traffic. Why? Shouldn't
invalidate_dcache_range be neutral when the range is configured as
non-cacheable? I think that the memory is properly alined... Has anyone
else had this problem?

Best regards
Filipe.