[RFC] Kprobes for book-e

Josh Boyer jwboyer at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Jun 3 21:52:12 EST 2008

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 13:53:37 +0530
"Sulibhavi, Madhvesh" <madhvesh.s at ap.sony.com> wrote:

> Kumar, i would like to test the updated kprobes patches on my
> ebony target using latest kernel. But i am facing build issues using
> 2.6.26.rc3 for powerpc arch while using the ebony configuration.
> I tried it using paulus git tree, but could not succeed. If you have
> any ideas on any stable version of latest tree where ebony config
> can be built using powerpc arch, please let me know.

What build issues?  Ebony should build fine for 2.6.26-rc3, unless
you're trying to apply this patchset to it without the other patches it
requires.

You'll need to use either my git tree with Kumar's exception series
applied, or use Kumar's tree.  The kprobes code is 2.6.27 material,
so .26-rc3 (or -rc4) is too old.

josh