MPC52xx generic DMA using bestcomm

Matt Sealey matt at genesi-usa.com
Tue Jul 8 00:18:44 EST 2008

Jon Smirl wrote:
> On 7/7/08, Matt Sealey <matt at genesi-usa.com> wrote:
>>
> to do that the samples have to be alternated as they are fed into the
> AC97 stream.  I think the codec can capture that way too but you
> didn't put a transceiver on the S/PDIF line.

OT, but the IDT STAC9766 doesn't support S/PDIF input, only output.

> In my test driver you only get AC97 or S/PDIF. Grant and I are both
> working on i2s drivers, when we get those sorted out it shouldn't be
> too hard to add ac97 back in. That codec driver I sent you was about
> 95% complete.

Indeed and to be honest I only gave it a short glance before having to
do about a thousand other things, but I will take another peek some
time this week :)

--
Matt Sealey <matt at genesi-usa.com>
Genesi, Manager, Developer Relations