[RFC/PATCH] powerpc/bootwrapper: Allow user to specify additional default targets

Josh Boyer jwboyer at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Jul 7 23:18:18 EST 2008

On Fri, 4 Jul 2008 00:51:44 -0600
"Grant Likely" <grant.likely at secretlab.ca> wrote:

> Anyone had a chance to look at this?  I think this could be used to
> eliminate a lot of the platform specific default targets in
> arch/powerpc/boot/Makefile by moving them into the defconfigs.  Josh,
> Kumar, what are your thoughts?

So for cases like Kilauea/Haleakala or Bamboo/Yosemite, you would
specify Yosemite in the bamboo defconfig?  Or?

I actually sort of prefer having a separate defconfig/CONFIG_YOSEMITE
(as an example) because it's much easier for an end user to figure out
if the board is supported or not.

I could be totally misunderstanding the intention of this patch though,
so I'll stop rambling and wait to see what the use case is.

josh