Use aliases instead of linux,network-index on Ebony

Josh Boyer jwboyer at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Feb 25 15:34:43 EST 2008

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 11:33:39 +1100
David Gibson <david at gibson.dropbear.id.au> wrote:

> This patch alters the Ebony bootwrapper to use the new preferred
> method of using aliases to work out which MAC address to attach to
> which ethernet device node, rather than the old method based on the
> linux,network-index property.

I like it.  But do we have this new preferred method documented
somewhere?  Doesn't seem to be in booting-without-of.txt.  It probably
should be added there, and reference to the linux,network-index
property removed if this is really preferred now.  Can you add
something to this patch for that?

josh