Could the DTS experts look at this?

David Gibson david at gibson.dropbear.id.au
Tue Feb 12 11:20:30 EST 2008

On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 08:07:14PM -0500, Sean MacLennan wrote:
> David Gibson wrote:
> > But the partitions are all the same size, so in Map 2 there's a great
> > big gap between Env and U-boot?  Or there's a great big gap before
> > FPGA?
> >
> There's a great big gap before the FPGA, 63M worth. Before we got the
> NAND working, we stored the kernel, the ramdisk image, and a persistent
> store there. But we moved everything to the NAND and are now going to a
> much smaller NOR chip.

Ok.

> >> The u-boot, env, and FPGA are anchored at the bottom of the flash.
> >> Kernel is anchored at the top. Everything else goes in the middle.
> >>

> > Um.. so "bottom" actually means "high addresses" in the above?
> >
> Yes. Top = offset 0, bottom = size-of-flash.

Um.. ok.  Not the way around I'd use, certainly...

> And there is a bug in the initial code, I have to update the reg length
> field.

Err.. now I'm doubly confused.  Initially I thought you'd need to
change the size part of reg somewhere, but your description above just
convinced me you didn't (because you were essentially just shifting a
4M map up into the high rather than low 4M of the 64M space).  Now
you're saying you do..

http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson