Could the DTS experts look at this?

Sean MacLennan smaclennan at pikatech.com
Tue Feb 12 12:07:14 EST 2008

David Gibson wrote:
> But the partitions are all the same size, so in Map 2 there's a great
> big gap between Env and U-boot?  Or there's a great big gap before
> FPGA?

There's a great big gap before the FPGA, 63M worth. Before we got the
NAND working, we stored the kernel, the ramdisk image, and a persistent
store there. But we moved everything to the NAND and are now going to a
much smaller NOR chip.

>> The u-boot, env, and FPGA are anchored at the bottom of the flash.
>> Kernel is anchored at the top. Everything else goes in the middle.
>>

> Um.. so "bottom" actually means "high addresses" in the above?

Yes. Top = offset 0, bottom = size-of-flash.

And there is a bug in the initial code, I have to update the reg length
field. I now have a Rev B board in my hands and tested that it works for
both Rev A and Rev B.

Cheers,
   Sean