[RFC/PATCH 2/3] of: add of_lookup_stdout() utility function

Yoder Stuart stuart.yoder at freescale.com
Fri Aug 8 03:28:35 EST 2008

In the ePAPR discussion I think we generally agreed that
an alias was better than a property under /chosen.  There
were 2 things that caused us to delete the /aliases/stdout.

One was discussions around whether we needed to support
multiple consoles somehow.

The second was the idea that we may need a /aliases/stdin as well.
You could conceptually have stdout be a monitor and a stdin
be a keyboard.

Stuart